Indoor S-Band 22kW GaN Pulse SSPA System
DVB-Tech GaN based S-band Pulse Solid State Power Amplifier for Air Traffic Control Radars (ATC). The highly efficient design is the ideal replacement for TWT amplifiers used in electronic warfare (EW), RADAR and SATCOM applications. It offers 22kW of saturated power across a 2.7 to 3.1 GHz frequency band with maximum reliability and long service life.
The modular design includes ten (10) how-swappable SSPA modules ; the loss of one (1) SSPA module will result not less then 17kW in an output power level degradation. Passive combining/switching is employed to avoid RF output power interruptions. A redundant AC/DC power supply system with hot-swappable modules is also included.
The SSPA system also features a number of monitoring and self-protection circuits including input overdrive, forward power, reflected power, high pulse width, high PRF and over temperature. Additionally, the system is equipped with an output waveguide isolator.
The system controller provides a user friendly interface for monitoring and control of the complete SSPA system as well as the individual SSPA modules. A front panel display provides the user with local monitoring and control, while Ethernet and RS485 interfaces provide the user with local/remote monitoring and control via PC GUI, Web GUI and SNMP.
• Solid state design using GaN devices
• Ideal replacement for TWT amplifiers used in electronic warfare (EW), RADAR and SATCOM applications
• Provides 22kW of saturated power
• Hot-swappable SSPA modules
• Dual input
• Built-in self protection circuits for high pulse width and high pulse repetition frequency (PRF)
• Redundant modular AC/DC power supply
• Forced air cooled with integrated blowers
• Local/remote monitoring and control via Ethernet and RS485 interfaces